Updated 18th May 2018
Effective 25th May 2018
data. We value your trust, so we’ve strived to present this policy in a clear and plain language.
The policy is structured so you can quickly find answers to the questions that interest you the most.
Centre and their affiliates, except where otherwise noted. Products, services and websites are
collectively referred to as the “services” in this policy.
What Data We Hold & Why
We collect and use the following information to provide, improve, and protect our Services:
Due to the service that we provide we naturally have a need to hold information on a range of retailers
that we engage with including some information that will be made public through our website and
marketing materials (such as store names, opening hours, offers, news, etc). Other private retailer
information such as store contacts and turnover may also be retained to allow us to provide our
We collect information related to how you use this website and our services, including actions you
take on this website (like newsletter signup, file downloads, or clicks through to external websites).
We use this information to improve our Services, develop new services and features.
We also collect information from and about the devices you use to access our services. This includes
things like IP addresses, the type of browser and device you use, the web page you visited before
coming to our sites, and identifiers associated with your devices. Your devices (depending on their
settings) may also transmit location information.
Cookies and other technologies.
We use technologies like cookies and pixel tags to provide, improve, protect, and promote our
Services. For example, cookies help us with things like remembering your username for your next
visit, understanding how you are interacting with our Services, and improving them based on that
information. You can set your browser to not accept cookies, but this may limit your ability to use the
We may give users the option to sign up to marketing emails and direct mailers, via the website,
social media and through competitions that we run. If you register for this marketing, we will, from
time to time, send you information about news, events, offers & competitions. Users who receive
these marketing materials can opt out at any time. If you do not want to receive marketing emails
from us, simply click the ‘unsubscribe’ link in any email. You can opt out of any other marketing by
emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closed Circuit Television (CCTV).
We use digital CCTV throughout the Shopping Centre for a number of reasons, mainly to assist in
public safety and operational requirement.
We use CCTV for traffic control, monitoring deliveries and collections by both members of the public
We also use CCTV together with on foot patrols to help reduce and deter incidence of unsocial
behaviour, shop theft and to monitor individuals that could be involved in hostile reconnaissance.
We normally retain recorded CCTV personal data (footage) for 30 days after which it is destroyed.
Recorded CCTV personal data can be made available to police by written request, however any
person can request to view any footage we may have of them.
In order to do so a public request form must be completed by the person making the request.
Up to date photographic identification of the person making the request will be required as proof of
This request may take some time to complete but is completely free of charge.
Why we hold your data
We collect and use the personal data described above in order to provide you with services in a
reliable and secure manner. We also collect and use personal data for our legitimate business needs.
To the extent we process your personal data for other purposes, we ask for your consent in advance or
require that our partners obtain such consent.
Specifically, we use your data to:
- Provide, update, maintain and protect our services and business.
- Communicate with you by responding to your requests, comments, and questions. If you
contact us with questions or concerns, we may use your personal information to respond.
- Send you emails and other communications. We may contact you about important changes to
- Understand how you use our services and improve them.
- Investigate and prevent security issues and abuse of services.
- Protect any person from death or serious bodily injury.
- Comply with applicable law, legal process, or regulation.
- Perform a task carried out in the public interest.
- We will also collect and use your data with your consent to send you marketing materials
about our services.
Our Data Partners
We may share information as discussed below, but we won’t sell it to advertisers or other third
Others working for and with us
Orchard Shopping Centre uses certain trusted third parties (for example, providers of customer
support and IT services) to help us provide, improve, protect, and promote our services. These third
parties will access your information only to perform tasks on our behalf in compliance with this
Inkspot Wifi Ltd
3a Dublin Meuse
Computeam Ltd SW
Units 1 & 2 Creech Mills Business Park
Creech St Michael
Website and Social Media Services
45 Queen Street
Security and CCTV Services
4 Tilgate Forest Business Park
Patricia C Beegan BSc (Hons) MRICS Partner
Montagu Evans LLP
5 Bolton Street
Direct: 020 7866 8673
Switchborad: 020 7493 4002
Law & Order and the Public Interest
We may disclose your information to third parties if we determine that such disclosure is reasonably
necessary to: (a) comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or appropriate government
request; (b) protect any person from death or serious bodily injury; (c) prevent fraud or abuse of this
website or our stakeholders; (d) protect Orchard Shopping Centre rights, property, safety, or interest;
or (e) perform a task carried out in the public interest.
If we are involved in a reorganization, merger, acquisition, or sale of our assets, your information may
be transferred as part of that deal. We will notify you (for example, via a message to the email address
associated with your account) of any such deal and outline your choices in that event.
website. If a revision meaningfully reduces your rights, we will notify you.
Your Right to Control and Access Your Information
You have a right to be informed of Personal Data processed by Orchard Shopping Centre, a right to
rectification/correction, erasure and restriction of processing. You also have the right to receive from
Orchard Shopping Centre in a structured, common and machine-readable format of Personal Data you
provided to us.
We can only identify you via your email address and we can only adhere to your request and provide
information if we have Personal Data about you through you having made contact with us directly
and/or you using our site and/or service. We cannot provide, rectify or delete any data that we store on
behalf of our users or customers.
Where you have provided consent, you may withdraw it at any time, without affecting the lawfulness
of the processing that was carried out prior to withdrawing it.
comments relating to the use of Personal Data you may contact our Data Protection Officer at
Where Personal Data is processed for the above purposes on the basis of Orchard Shopping Centre’s
legitimate interests, under the GDPR, you may object to such processing at any time. To do so please
contact our Data Protection Officer at email@example.com.
In addition, you have the right to contact your local data protection supervisory authority.
following information may be helpful to you to understand what a cookie is and how they may affect
What is a Cookie?
A cookie is a piece of data stored by a website on your computer or mobile device. Cookies are useful
for storing data so that when you revisit a site the stored cookie data can be retrieved and reused. An
example of when this often happens is if you choose to remain logged in to a website. On doing so, a
cookie is stored to remember your choice of remaining logged in, so that even after you close your
browser or turn off your computer you don’t have to login again when you next visit the page.
A pixel tag (“pixel”) is a small piece of code that can be embedded on websites and emails. We use
pixels and cookies to learn how you interact with our webpages and emails. This information helps us,
and the advertising services providers we use, better promote our services.
You can control whether your computer accepts or rejects cookies by default, or to tell you when a
site tries to save a cookie on your computer, by adjusting your browser setting. Cookies can also be
manually deleted. The method to change these settings varies depending on the browser. Read the
help section within your browser to find out more, or visit www.aboutcookies.org (We are not
responsible for the content of external websites).
You can set your browser to not accept cookies, but this may limit your ability to use the Services.
This site operates implied consent for cookies, which means we assume by using this site you are
discontinue use of the site, delete the cookies, or adjust your browser settings accordingly.
Where Orchard Shopping Centre holds data on individuals this data will only be for the time which is
necessary and we will regularly review the amount and age of any data held and implement polices to
remove any data that we no longer require, to reduce any risk for all stakeholders.
In some cases, such as active email mailing lists and Google Analytics tracking this data could be
retained indefinitely as it will always be of use for us to keep historic stats for comparison and to
continue marketing to anyone that has agreed to this. However, this data is subject to the above data
rights and anyone has the right to request any data on them or request that this is amended or
removed. Details on how to do this can be found in the “Your Right to Control and Access Your
Information” section above. But please note: there might be some latency in deleting this information
from our servers and back-up storage; and we may retain this information if necessary to comply with
our legal obligations, resolve disputes, or enforce our agreements.
Have questions or concerns about Orchard Shopping Centre, our services, and privacy? Contact our
Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org. If they can’t answer your question, you have the right
to contact your local data protection supervisory authority.
Standard Competition Terms & Conditions
Our website often hosts online competitions where we may ask for personal details from you. The following are the standard terms and conditions which apply to all of our competitions. Please not that additional terms and conditions may apply and will be mentioned on the competition page.
- Open to entries from within the TA, EX & BA postcodes except those involved in the administration of the competition, employees, agents, resident retailers of the scheme and their employees or family members of Orchard Shopping Centre and its promotional partners.
- Only one entry per person will be accepted.
- Entrants must be aged 18 years or over.
- All entrants’ details may be used in promotional activity/materials and the winner(s) may be required to participate in promotional activity related to this competition.
- The judges’ decision is final and NO CORRESPONDENCE will be entered into.
- The competition is promoted by Orchard Shopping Centre.
- Entry to the competition is deemed as FULL ACCEPTANCE of these Terms & Conditions of entry.
- Orchard Shopping Centre reserves the right to substitute the prize with a prize of equivalent value if the original is no longer available.
- Winners will be picked and contacted within 7 days of the closing date. Winners will have 7 days to accept the prize/s.
- Orchard Shopping Centre will forward the prize/s to the notified person/s within a further 14 days.
- Winners will be contacted via email or by phone. Winners will then be announced via Orchard Shopping Centre social media channels or alternatively for details of the winners’ names, please send a SAE to: Competitions, Orchard Shopping Centre, Paul Street, Taunton, Somerset, TA1 3TP.
- Error & Omissions Excepted.
- Further Terms & Conditions may apply. Contact email@example.com for more information.
Facebook Competition Terms & Conditions
Entrants are deemed to have accepted and be bound by the following Terms & Conditions when entering any competitions administrated by Orchard Shopping Centre. Entrants must be at least 18 years of age, and not employees of Orchard Shopping Centre, their immediate families or their agents or anyone else connected with the competition.
HOW TO ENTER
Users are eligible to enter our Facebook competition by liking the Orchard Shopping Centre Facebook page as well as liking/reacting to the post.
Other competitions may require you to submit a form with further details in order to be eligible to win.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- The Competition may be modified or withdrawn at any time; the prize(s) are non-transferable and cannot be exchanged or refunded.
- No cash or alternative prizes are available, except that in the event of circumstances outside of its control, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute a similar prize of equal or greater value.
- Once the competition has been launched users need to follow the instructions on Facebook, or the website’s competition page.
- The closing date is as specified in the specific competition, and Orchard Shopping Centre reserves the right to amend the competition end dates at any time.
- By entering a Facebook competition, entrants acknowledge that their Facebook username, profile picture and any submitted content will be published on the Orchard Shopping Centre Facebook page and may be viewed by all web users.
- The competition prize will be as specified by Orchard Shopping Centre.
- Entrants must be over 18 years old or as specified by the rules of each competition.
- Entry is open to people living in a 20km radius of Taunton, UK, except employees (and their families) of Orchard Shopping Centre, and any other companies associated with the competition.
- Orchard Shopping Centre does not hold responsibility for any abusive content posted on the competition page. Any content deemed inappropriate will be removed at their discretion.
- False and/or deceptive entries shall render entry ineligible.
- All entries and any other material submitted become the sole property of Orchard Shopping Centre.
- Winner(s) will be notified within 7 days of the competition closing date by Orchard Shopping Centre or their representatives through Facebook, email or phone, as appropriate to the competition.
- Winners must respond to Orchard Shopping Centre within 7 days of being notified of their prize, otherwise Orchard Shopping Centre reserves the right to select an alternative winner.
- All prizes must be collected from or delivery arranged (as appropriate) with Orchard Shopping Centre within 14 days of the competition closure.
- This competition and these Terms and Conditions are subject to and governed by English law.
Orchard Shopping Centre and its affiliates are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate entry information, human error, technical malfunction, failures, omission, interruption, deletion, or defect of any telephone network, computer online systems, computer equipment, servers, access providers, or software, including any injury or damage to participants or any other person, computer relating to or resulting from participation in this competition; inability to access the entry website or any pages thereof; theft, tampering, destruction, or unauthorised access to, or alteration of entries; entry submissions that are processed late or incorrectly or are incomplete, garbled, or lost due to computer or electronic malfunction or traffic congestion on the Internet or any website. Proof of entering information on Facebook or other form is not considered proof of delivery or receipt.
The promoter of this competition is Orchard Shopping Centre, based at Centre Management Offices, Paul Street, Taunton, Somerset. TA1 3TP.